This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konqueror webbrowser can`t change browser identification

Till befor awhile ago I could change the browser identification in kongueror in kubuntu 7.04,
    now it is grayed out and there is nothing to do anymore.
    I did my updates like I should, but more and more problems.
    I need the identification change for win xp internet explorer 6, for a few things on the internet who only works with internet explorer, when I still could change it in konqueror all would work, no need to use another browser.
    I don`t no what went wrong? Please help.

Re: konqueror webbrowser can`t change browser identification

Sorry I don't know about your konqueror, I can't see anything wrong with it in my setup atm. I just wondered if you knew about this: http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

It works well, even plays with Outlook Exchange so you get full web functionality (which doesn't even happen with firefox under windows)

Cheers
    Child
    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

Settings > Configure Konqueror > Browser Identification. What's that look like?
      For external use only.

Comment

thank you rotshild and SheeEttin, for your fast response, yes i found the configuration, but still not full functional web browser, but it is beter now then befor.
        The IE`s4linux i had once befor in linux and it only made problems, and easily breakes the system.
        So what i can do now in konqueror browser this is fine,
        thank you.

Comment

Does that mean you are still having problems? If so, what?
          For external use only.

Comment

Shee Etin, no actually there are no problems, the only thing when in gmail it tell`s me that i need ActiveX for gmail, for to see the chat and all.

Comment

Gmail support on IE is weird, you might want to try a different browser identification when on google and gmail. You should be able to set a special instructions for browser identification for the google and gmail domains in the browser identification settings section SheeEttin pointed out earlier in the thread.

Last time I was using gmail under konqueror, it was via the live CD and I think scripting was disabled or something, as it didn't work correctly for me in anything other than the basic html mode, but the time before I think I set the browser identification to Firefox and it worked okay.

Comment

ok, I tried all of the browsers from konqueror, but non of them I can see the chat on gmail, only the basic html, on opera, netscape, firefox, mozilla and internet explorer, only the basic html.

Comment

Working...
                X